Friday, September 17, 2010

Artist Spotlight - Handmade Jewelry by Kacey




        "Hey Salisbury, I’m Kacey Carlyle, a locally grown artist on showcase at Velvet Pearl. For most of my life I’ve been thinking in color, starting with painting after watching a Bob Ross marathon as a child. Though painting is still my first love, my recent projects have taken me into the worlds of jewelry and candle making. In high school I spent most of my time in the Visual and Performing Arts, which sharpened my skills and prepared me for attendance to St. Louis Community College. I earned an associates degree in Graphic Design and Illustration as well as a better understanding of design overall.  I started my own "junk jewelry" business in 2009 which has become my main creative outlet. I take unused, vintage or broken pieces of jewelry and watches, repurposing them into new, wearable art. I gather my materials from a number of places including flea markets, thrift stores and even family and friends. My goal is to create handmade pieces that reflect your sparkling personality."


- Kacey Carlyle


ReClaim. ReUse. ReLease.



No comments:

Post a Comment